Urbancrest Church is a southern baptist church located in between Cincinnati and Dayton, OH in a town called Lebanon, OH. The church is led by Senior Pastor Tom Pendergrass, who has been the Senior Pastor at Urbancrest for 28 years. Urbancrest offers two identical modern worship styled services at 9:30a & 11:00a on Sunday mornings. The church is currently seeing around 700 in total Sunday morning attendance. They are meeting in-person and are also live-streaming their services.
Urbancrest has been a significant influence in their community for many years as they have a heavy focus on outreach and missions. They have a high standard for excellence in their student ministry and are aiming to bring on a new Student Pastor who has the passion for student ministry and the leadership ability to take the ministry to the next level. The ingredients to create a growing student ministry are all there. The local high school is located less than a half a mile down the road from Urbancrest, and the middle school is a mile from the church. While the church sees around 45 students attend youth group on Wednesday nights, only a handful of them are coming from the 2,500+ public middle school and high school. The church desires a stronger focus on outreach in student ministry to coincide with their overall mission and vision.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Student Pastor to oversee their student ministry. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Give direction to and oversee the youth ministry.
- Identify the needs and interests of students within the church and community.
- Plan and develop programs for the youth ministry.
- Evaluate existing programs to determine effectiveness.
- Identify and provide ministry opportunities for students.
- Build a core team of parents and a core team of students to assist in the spiritual growth and direction of the ministry.
- Execute student services on Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings through planning, scheduling volunteers, and teaching on a regular basis.
- Oversee and provide leadership to the student ministry staff.
- Part time student worship leader.
- Part time student ministry admin assistant.
- Meet monthly with your ministry core team to develop leadership training, pray, discuss upcoming events, challenges, solutions, and praises.
- Recruit and provide training for youth leaders as needed.
- Plan one major training/inspirational workshop or attend a conference each year.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide weekly staff reports.
- Follower of Christ and has a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him.
- Commitment to a daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- A calling to and passion for student ministry.
- Excellent communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, relational, and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- Strong skill set in use of technology (using social media platforms for marketing events and connecting with students).
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least one to two years of experience in leading a student ministry and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
Reports to: Senior Pastor