Northview Bible Church is a non-denominational church located in Spokane, WA. The church is led by Lead Pastor Norm, who has been the lead pastor for 14 years at Northview, and an elder board. Attendance on Sundays averages around 700 in person each week. Currently, the church offers two services: 9:00am and 10:30am Sunday morning. The two Sunday morning services are identical, and offer a moderately contemporary worship style.
Northview is all about making disciples in their community. As Spokane continues to grow with an increase in young families flooding into the city, the church has also been seeing an increase in young families joining the church. A primary reason new people are deciding to make Northview their home is because of the incredible family ministries the church offers and strong exegetical teaching.
The church is seeking the right candidate to join their staff as the new Worship Pastor to lead and oversee their worship ministry. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Provide overall leadership to the Worship Arts Ministry.
- Design worship services and special events in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
- Function as primary worship leader for weekend services.
- Provide oversight of all musical aspects of the church.
- Build and maintain healthy, effective ministry teams.
- Develop the skills, leadership, and experience of team members.
- Oversee worship budget and administration (licenses, inventories, etc.).
- Oversee maintenance and acquisition of music/tech equipment.
- Build worship culture that is continually attracting new participants, resulting in an ever-growing worship ministry.
- Oversee technology aspects of Worship Arts, including sound, video, streaming.
- Deep devotion to God, a love for His Word, and a vibrant spiritual life with Jesus.
- A true worshipper who is a shepherd first and musician second, leading with heart and skill.
- Excels at leading corporate worship and worship teams.
- High musical competency with the ability to lead vocalists and instrumentalists.
- Strong communication skills on and off the platform.
- Gifted leadership skills, including vision-casting, organization & team building.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and develop.
- Comfortable leading worship for a multi-generational congregation.
- Must have experience with relative worship softwares such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, and preferably Ableton/Prime/Playback.
- Advanced level of vocal and musical competency.
- Able to play at least one instrument, preferably acoustic guitar or keys.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least 3 years of full time worship leading experience previously at a church of similar size and style is ideal.
Compensation Range: $61,000 - $75,000 base salary per year depending on experience. Benefits include Health Care stipend, retirement match, tuition for higher education, conference lines, and an expense account.
Reports to: Executive Pastor