Lifepoint Church is a fast growing church on the northside of Columbus, OH. The church was launched in 2004 when God brought three founding pastors, Dean Fulks, Shane Tucker, and Troy Palermo to Columbus, OH, with a vision to plant a multiplying church with a mission to draw life from God, and point others to Him. Lifepoint has since grown to over 4,500 in average attendance across six campuses in Lewis Center, Delaware, Westerville, Plain City, Worthington, and Marion. Lifepoint also has a huge focus on their small group culture with over 3,000 people connected weekly in homes called Lifegroups. The church is a part of the SBC denomination and has an incredible heart to see families thriving and growing in their love for God and one another.
The church is seeking a Student Pastor candidate to join the healthy student ministry team and continue to build Gospel impact in reaching middle school and high school students with the life changing message of Jesus. This dynamic Student Pastor would be one of two student pastors part of the Lewis Center Campus team and provide ministry for the 175+ students who attend each Sunday evening. While both student pastors will have a team approach regarding all of student ministry, this position will lean toward direct oversight of the middle schoolers in the ministry. The church is looking to hire an energetic, full time individual to serve leaders and students with excellence, to provide weekly administration, and to assist the existing Student Pastor and part time female Student Director with all aspects of ministry needs. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
Character: We value consistent sensitivity to God, the practice of spiritual disciplines and a commitment to:
- Engage in a daily devotional time involving prayer and God’s Word.
- Participate in seasons of fasting and prayer.
- Tithe to Lifepoint as a way of modeling biblical stewardship.
- Consistently attend weekend worship gatherings.
- Uphold the policies and procedures of Lifepoint Church.
Chemistry: We value living in community with others, working in teams and a commitment to:
- Share life with other believers through a Lifegroup.
- Engage in a global mission trip at least once every two years.
- Address and resolve conflicts in a healthy manner.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly cross-campus team meetings.
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance within ministry.
Competency: We value a strong work ethic, development, apprenticing, and a commitment to:
- Discipleship through relational engagement with students and parents.
- Actively engaging in student’s lives for the purpose of ministry and discipleship both on and away from the Lewis Center campus.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Student Lifegroups on Sunday nights.
- Oversight of Middle School Bridgegroup.
- Identify, develop, and train volunteer leaders.
- Assist with identifying, developing and training the Associate Student Director, student ministry interns, and residents.
- Consistently communicate with students, parents and leaders.
- Participate in the planning and execution of trips, retreats and events.
- Work collaboratively with the student ministry teams from all Lifepoint Campuses.
- Provide safe environments, ensuring that appropriate background checks have been completed on all relevant persons.
- Commitment to regular communication & meetings with the Lewis Center Student Pastor.
- Be a team player through executing other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- A clear calling to student ministry vocationally.
- Outgoing and engaging personality with a strong passion for student ministry and leaders.
- Excellent organizational leadership skills, administrative skills, and strong self-starter initiative.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization.
- Strong track-record of student discipleship and ability to bring an atmosphere of fun.
- Willingness to align with the core values of Lifepoint Church.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relative field is preferred, though not required.
- 2+ years of relative student ministry experience preferred.
- Lewis Center Campus Student Pastor
- Lewis Center Campus Teaching Pastor
- Executive Pastor
- Lead Pastor