Lifepoint Church is a fast growing church on the northside of Columbus, OH. The church was launched in 2004 when God brought three founding pastors, Dean Fulks, Shane Tucker, and Troy Palermo to Columbus, OH, with a vision to plant a multiplying church with a mission to Draw life from God, and point others to Him. Lifepoint has since grown to over 4,500 in average attendance across six campuses in Lewis Center, Delaware, Westerville, Plain City, Worthington, and Marion. Lifepoint also has a huge focus on their small group culture with over 3,000 people connected weekly in homes called Lifegroups. The church is a part of the SBC denomination and has a centralized worship model across the campuses with a modern style of worship.
Lifepoint is seeking a full time Worship Pastor to serve at the Plain City campus, just west of downtown Columbus. Lifepoint began in Plain City in the beginning of 2022 and is led by Teaching Pastor Cory DiCarro. They have quickly grown to averaging over 350 in attendance on Sunday mornings. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the key responsibilities and qualifications for this position:
Character: We value consistent sensitivity to God, the practice of spiritual disciplines, and a commitment to:
- A daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- Seasons of fasting and prayer.
- Tithing to Lifepoint as a way of modeling biblical stewardship.
- Consistently attending weekend worship gatherings.
- Upholding the policies and procedures of Lifepoint Church.
Chemistry: We value living in community with others, working in teams, and a commitment to:
- Living in community with believers through a Lifegroup.
- Joining a team-oriented work environment at the local campus as well as through central planning in the worship and production department.
- Entering into and resolving conflict.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings and monthly cross-campus team meetings.
- Creating family margin within ministry.
Competency: We value a strong work ethic, development, apprenticing, and a commitment to:
- Providing leadership and general direction for Worship Ministries at the Plain City (PC) Campus.
- Providing leadership and pastoral care for leaders and volunteers on the LC Worship team.
- Overseeing, leading, and pastoring the production team.
- Working with Worship Pastors on the Cross-Campus (CC) Team for collaborative planning and alignment of annual and weekly calendar and action plans (scheduling worship services, events, auditions, training, etc.).
- Overseeing identification, recruitment and equipping of an appropriate volunteer base for the PC Campus.
- Overseeing the worship and production budget at PC and assisting with planning cross campus calendar events.
- Fostering a culture of developing, equipping, empowering, and multiplying coaches and leaders.
- As desired, working with the CC Team to compose and record original music for Lifepoint Collective.
- Meeting regularly with the Teaching Pastor for communicating worship strategy, vision, and cross-campus alignment.
- Follower of Christ and has a lifestyle that demonstrates obedience to Him.
- Commitment to a daily devotional time that includes prayer and God’s Word.
- Has a passion for leading worship, leading and developing a team of volunteers, and solid administrative abilities.
- A creative-minded person that has a desire to think outside of the box.
- Commitment to the vision, mission, and values of Lifepoint Church.
- Excellent in leading vocally and with an instrument, either piano or guitar.
- Relationally engaging with others.
- Has a working knowledge of running tracks through Ableton.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Preferred candidates will have 2+ years of relative experience leading worship full time.
Reports to: Plain City Teaching Pastor