Liberty Heights Church is a multisite church located on the northside of Cincinnati, OH. The church has three campuses with a Spanish campus also meeting at their original location. There is a deep desire to host a language based campus at each of their physical campus locations. In addition to these campuses, LHC also has a unique mission campus located in Middletown that gathers on Sunday evenings. The campus is modeled after the Church In Hard Places initiative that has been championed by Acts 29. The church is led by Lead Pastor Brad Cunningham, who has been the lead pastor since 2010. The Liberty Township campus currently offers one modern worship styled service at 10:30a on Sunday mornings, with plans to be moving to two services soon. The church is currently seeing around 1,100 in total Sunday morning attendance, with around 800 being at the Liberty Township campus.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Executive Director of Worship to oversee their entire worship ministry and primarily lead at the Liberty Township campus. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Lead the worship team and congregation in corporate worship for any given Sunday or special worship service.
- Schedule volunteers for worship a month ahead, adjusting as people are available.
- Coordinate with Lead Pastor and any others involved in creating and producing the services, carrying out the vision of the Lead Pastor for each service.
- Prepare chord charts, recordings, and other elements required to help volunteers prepare for rehearsal via Planning Center.
- Responsible for planning and managing worship resources within an annual budget.
- Lead recruiting, training, and building the Worship and Production teams at the Liberty Township campus.
- Coordinate production and project manage all in-person phases of the weekend services, including creative elements.
- Spend time investing in relationships with volunteers on the worship team, sometimes planned, sometimes spontaneous, depending on the demands of the week/life circumstances of team members.
- Plan gatherings throughout the year and opportunities for the team to connect outside of normal weekly church activities in order to communicate/cast vision and to promote deeper relationships.
- Lead the development process of all worship team members and worship staff.
- Answer questions for team members, being available to them as they prepare for rehearsal each week.
- Provide resources or outside coaching to help team members in individual growth as musicians when needed.
- Take new prospective worship team members through the audition process to assess if they fit on the team.
- Oversee, lead and develop the multi-site campus worship leaders as a player/coach.
- Oversee lead and develop the Communications Director who leads the graphic arts, website, social media, and church-wide communications.
- Visionary leadership and character that possesses spiritual discernment, emotional intelligence, and the ability to establish rapport with staff, musicians, technicians and teaching/executive pastors.
- Organized and efficient, especially with time management.
- An excellent communicator both orally and written; able to protect and enhance the LHC mission & brand.
- A multi-tasking team player with high energy, strong interpersonal skills, and a positive attitude.
- A strong desire to grow and develop their craft.
- Strong relational skills to establish and maintain relationships within the staff and volunteers.
- Advanced musical skill both vocally and instrumentally.
- High level of vocal competency
- Able to play at least one instrument, preferably acoustic guitar or keys.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, though not required.
- At least 3 years of full time worship leading experience previously at a church of similar size and style is ideal.
Reports to: Lead Pastor