Country Christian Church is a non-denominational Christian Church located in North Branch, MI, which is about an hour north of Detroit. The church is led by Lead Minister Dale Lautzenheiser, who has been the Lead Minister for 6 years. Country Christian currently sees an average of 200 people on a Sunday morning. The church offers one service on Sunday mornings at 10a with a blended style of worship.
Country Christian is a rural church that has a strong value on discipleship and family ministries. Pastor Dale, along with the elder board, desires to see their church continue to take steps to deepen their relationship with God while sharing the good news in their community. The student ministry can see anywhere between 15-30 students on any given night as they pull students from several neighboring school districts. They believe in raising and resourcing the next generation, and are willing to do what it takes to see them become strong disciples of Christ who also make disciples.
The church is seeking the right candidate to take over as the new Family Minister to oversee all family ministry in the church, but function primarily as a student pastor. The right candidate will have a deep personal life in Christ and the character and capacity that align with the church’s overall mission and vision. Below are the qualifications and responsibilities Froot Group and the church have identified for this role:
- Create and execute a vision for the Student Ministry that aligns with the overall vision of the church.
- Commitment to continual spiritual growth in your relationship with Christ.
- Be available to assist parents in ministry to their children.
- Oversee the ministry programs implemented for the youth at Country Christian Church. This includes evaluating and recommending the appropriate curriculum to teach on Wednesday nights.
- Recruiting, equipping, and training the leaders and instructors.
- Participate in strategic retreats, camps, and other activities.
- In all other cases will perform his duties in a manner necessary to fulfill the goals and objectives developed by the church leadership.
- Oversee the Children’s Director to provide her leadership and help create a strategic bridge between 5th graders graduating out of the kids ministry and 6th graders entering the student ministry.
- Develop an annual ministry budget.
- Attend Elders meetings when available and/or requested by the Elders.
- A calling to pastoral ministry, particularly in serving with students.
- Excellent communication and public speaking abilities.
- Outgoing, engaging, relational, and enthusiastic personality.
- Strong spiritual and organizational leadership skills.
- Strong visionary that has the ability to create, cast, and execute a vision for family ministries that aligns with the vision of the church.
- A bachelor’s degree is not required, though would be ideal.
- At least one to two years of experience in leading a student ministry and can provide tangible measures of growth in those past ministry experiences.
Reports to: Lead Minister