Carthage Nazarene Church is a vibrant and diverse community located in Carthage, Missouri. With a strong commitment to spreading the Gospel and fostering spiritual growth, the church has become a beacon of hope and love to the surrounding area. Led by Dustin Ledford, senior pastor since 2006, Carthage Nazarene is dedicated to creating an inviting and welcoming environment for all. The church currently runs three services on Sundays at 9AM & 10:30AM as well as a Hispanic service at 1pm. This reflects the church's deep desire to connect and serve all the people within Carthage and the surrounding areas. Currently drawing around 450 attendees on Sunday mornings, the church continues to grow and flourish. As they move toward their services to meet the needs of their thriving congregation, Carthage Nazarene remains committed to its core values as they strive to make a unique mark in the community and the world through their unwavering faith, dedication to growth, and compassion for all.
The church is looking for a person who deeply loves God and is passionate about connecting people to His heart through worship. The ideal candidate should possess vocal and instrumental skills, with a strong desire for continuous personal and team growth. Additionally, the candidate should be adept in media connections and a self-starter who takes ownership and invests in ministry, aligning with the church's overall mission and vision. The Worship Pastor will play a vital role in enhancing the worship experience and leading the congregation into meaningful encounters with God.
- Lead and guide the worship team and congregation during Sunday services and special worship events.
- Schedule volunteers for worship services a month in advance and adapt as per availability.
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor and other team members to create and produce services in line with the church's vision.
- Prepare chord charts, recordings, and other resources for rehearsals using Planning Center.
- Manage worship resources within an annual budget.
- Develop and build the Worship and Production teams at Carthage Nazarene Church.
- Coordinate and manage all in-person phases of weekend services, including creative elements.
- Invest time in building relationships with worship team volunteers, fostering connections and providing support.
- Organize gatherings and events to foster team camaraderie and to communicate vision and deepen relationships.
- Lead the growth and development of all worship team members and worship staff.
- Be available to answer questions and provide resources for team members to aid their individual growth as musicians.
- Conduct auditions for potential worship team members to assess their fit within the team.
- Provide player/coach leadership to guide and develop other worship team members.
- Exemplify grace and understanding while leading the team.
- Ensure the facility creates a positive first impression experience for visitors.
- Participate in pastoral care, with each pastor being available to care for the congregation on a rotational basis.
- Collaborate and support other members of the pastoral team.
- Possess visionary leadership and strong character, demonstrating spiritual discernment and emotional intelligence.
- Be organized, efficient, and skilled in time management.
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills, effectively advancing the church's mission.
- Be a multi-tasking team player with high energy, positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Lead and support the production team.
- Provide training and support to the production team for video announcements, online needs, and tech support.
- Show a deep desire to continually grow and develop their worship craft.
- Have working knowledge of video creation/editing for social media, graphics, and videos.
- Demonstrate strong relational skills in building and maintaining connections with staff and volunteers.
- Exhibit advanced musical skills both vocally and instrumentally, with a high level of vocal competency.
- Capable of playing at least one instrument, preferably acoustic guitar or keys.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of worship leading experience at a church of similar size and style is ideal.
Reports to: Lead Pastor