Believers Church is looking for a new Worship Pastor. With a solid reputation in their community, the church is excited to see how God will use new leadership to take our existing program into the future with new and creative ideas. Worship services are decisively modern and contemporary, with large church production value in a small town friendly community. Their desire is that the next Worship Pastor will not only be a skilled musician, but will also be a strong leader who is able to shepherd, teach, and most importantly has a deep love for Jesus and for seeing others grow in their love for Him.
Sylvania, GA is located an hour north of Savannah, an hour south of Augusta, and 30 minutes from Statesboro. With a population of about 3,000, Sylvania has a small-town feel, but close enough to larger cities to find what you need.
Sylvania is a quiet community, boasting low crime rates with many benefits like top quality schools, churches and a modern local hospital. One of the biggest advantages to living in Sylvania is the closeness of the community. Everyone is friendly, and residents warmly welcome visitors and newcomers alike. Sylvania evokes images of Norman Rockwell paintings and is a wonderful place to raise children.
The role of the Worship Leader is to serve the Lead Pastor in overseeing and coordinating the worship ministry at Believers Church of Sylvania (“BCSylvania”). The Worship Pastor takes on the responsibility of guarding the spiritual culture and character of the worship ministry and any full, part-time (“Staff”), BCSylvania Worship Dream Team, and other people or groups as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
The primary role of the worship pastor is:
- to craft an engaging and excellent worship experience during all Believers Church services.
- to be a gifted musician and a relentless recruiter who will craft worship experiences that create an atmosphere that will bring about life change.
- to remain up-to-date on the latest trends and movements for worship within the local church.
- Lead and manage the BCSylvania Worship Team.
- Plan and implement BCSylvania Worship projects and department goals.
- Recruit, train, and equip Worship Team members
- Fulfill the requirements and faithfully perform the duties of “Pastor” at Believers Church to the best of their ability.
- Pastoral Care to worship team and congregation.
- Attributes: heart of a servant, positive attitude, fun/enjoyable, and loyal.
- High capacity individuals, comfortable working independently without constant supervision.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
GENERAL PASTORAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
The worship pastor will:
- maintain regular office hours in cooperation with pastoral staff. Regular office hours are a value.
- work with pastoral staff to provide leadership of the church when other staff members are away for meetings, vacations, etc.
- perform some of the general pastoral ministries of the church (teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.).
- attend Staff and relevant Trustee meetings.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 1 year of worship leading in a local church.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel. (Pages, Numbers)
- Ability to learn and use ProPresenter.
- Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online software.
- Ability to learn and use multi-track software (Prime, MultiTrack, Ableton)
- Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar.
- Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
- Model standards and expectations of leaders within Believers Church.
- Complete Growth Track (Membership), Tithing, and Lead a Grow Group.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Video Editing Experience (ie Premier, After Effects,)
- Graphic Design (ie photoshop, Adobe Suite)
- Audio / PA System experience
- Social Media Management
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Primary Focus: Shaping and leading the worship culture of Believers Church